Suggest ways to reduce diabetes. Taking Huma. Tests show abnormal levels

I am type 2 diabetic for the last 16 years. 3 months ago I got a Plasma Glucose test and found it to be 307 units. As added measures I constantly and completely have been avoiding sugar and excessive oil. My medications include 3 doses of Huma- Insulin 30/70 injections- after breakfast -17 units, after lunch -10 units, after diner- 14 units. As my physician had advised, ( and I had skipped my after lunch dose of insulin that day) I took a HBA1C test, Mean Glucose Value test, and Plasma Glucose test. All showed abnormal levels. with 8.95%, 241.32 and 263mg% respectively. Even with constant efforts my Diabetes levels wouldn t show any decrease. I think 3 months is a long time and my Diabetes should be in control by now. please suggest ways to reduce my diabetes. also Do I take too much of artificial insulin? how much is advised for me? P.S -I feel a burning sensation during urination when my Diabetes levels are high.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012