Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for weight gain and abnormal TSH levels

hi,this is chandrima here.recently i have gone through a blood test to test my T3,T4 AND TSH LEVELS.everything was fine except tht my tsh level was 18.44 which is too much according to my family physician.I have been prescribed thyronorm 50mcg.Since i am a little hesitant for tablets capsules etc.can you help me with wht foods to take and not to take.i m 24 weighing 55kgs.Recently i gained weight due to this problem but i am afraid tht i will gain more coz of this medicines.i live in mumbai and the daily diet which i have is not at all healthy. Chandrima.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Thanks for posting query at HCM.

It seems your suffering from hypothyroidism

This is the reason you have been advised to take "thyroxine hormone" daily.
Kindly take the medication as advised and monitor TSH level every to 6 months.
In addition, also have lipid profile and liver function tests.

hope to answer your concern.
Dr Tayyab Malik

direct question link
Answered: Sat, 18 Mar 2017
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor