Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for vaginal swelling and itching

for 3 years I have had the following symptoms: swollen inner labia sore, red itchy skins inbetween labia and around vagina Small papercut thats come and go inbetween my labia and above my anus On and off thrush Some fusing of my inner labia I have seen several doctors. Some think its lichen sclerosis. Some think its eczema . Most just tell me its thrush. Thrush treatment only helps for a short while. Trimovate cream has been the best treatment so far. I wash down there with aqueous cream and water, and use organic sanitary products. What could be wrong with me? I started Yazmin a short time before these symptoms started. Could it be the Yazmin pill?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Jan 2016
Hallow Dear,

You have been proved to have fungal infection by the therapeutic test; i.e. you get cured when you are on antifungal treatment. Trimovate cream is antifungal cream. However, you are getting relapses of this infection.

Fungal vaginitis can get sexually transmitted. Many a times, the males do not exhibit any symptoms even though they are having this infection. Moreover, vaginal discharge due to this infection gets painted up in the hair roots. Considering these facts, both of you, in addition to the medicines, please follow the undermentioned tips to avoid recurrence:

1. Both the partners should undergo the treatment simultaneously.
2. Please observe absolute sexual abstinence till both of you are declared completely cured.
3. Shave the private parts clean.
4. Daily boil the underwear.
5. Use panty liners (for you).
6. Clip the nails short.
7. You should use some lactobacilli vaginal ovules. If you cannot get them, Lactacyd may help you.
8. Commode is one of the causes for fungal infection. Please follow toilet hygiene strictly.

If local cream is not that effective (which usually does not happen), you may use oral antifungal tablets.

I hope this should help you.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri
Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor