Suggest treatment for sore throat and fever

Yes, please.
My son is 14, has had a sore throat and fever for days. Preliminary Strep culture was negative. Doctor said his throat was very red and sore looking. We have been alternating Tylenol and Advil to try and break the fever. It continues to hover around 100 Today he is feeling worse, now with nausea and abdominal pain. He thinks his last bowel movement was Sunday night. He has no appetite and feels really punk.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Jun 2016
Dentist 's  Response
..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain it seems that he is suffering from Viral infection leading to fever and sore throat..
As it is a viral infection it will resolve once the virus will complete its cycle in human body..
It also seems that he is constipated and stomach pain and loss of appetite can be due to it..

As of now you can start with supportive treatment to relieve the symptoms like:
-Gargle with a warm saline solution that is by mixing 1 teaspoon salt in a glass of water and warm it to make a luke warm solution..
-Take a combination of Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen..
-Chew a Vitamin C pellet daily..
-Do steam inhalations..
-Avoid spicy and chilled foods..
-Sip on warm water throughout the day..
-For easing the bowels you can give him stool softener like Docusate..
-Give him salads and green vegetables in diet..

Hopefully the symptoms will resolve within a week and if it worsen consult a General Physician and get evaluated..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.