Suggest treatment for diverticulitis

I was diagnosed with diverticulitis on Thursday. I have been taking antibiotics since Friday and on mostly clear liquids. I'm now experiencing some mild pain in my right side. It is a sharp pain when I move, and just an ache when. I am still. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jan 2017
Jun 2016
Hello dear
I understand your concern

Diverticultis cause is inflammation or infection of the diverticula in the colon.
Treatment would depend on whether the flare up/inflammation is mild or severe.
You can take following advises:
For mild type
Continue clear liquid diet for at least a few days
Course of antibiotics, 2 antibiotics may be needed
Soft diet can be taken

I would suggest to consult gastroentrologist and undergone CT Scan to know repose of treatment and to find other cause.

Ask for take some broad spectrum antibiotic like levofloxacin, cefuroxime
For pain tablet acetaminophen, tablet dicyclomine.
gradually switch over to normal diet with fibers as relief gained.

Hope this may help you
Contact further if follow up needed
Best regards
Dr. Sagar