Suggest treatment for dementia

Mom is 87 and she fell and result was a dislocated shoulder and a cut above her right eye. ER Doc tired twice to place her shoulder and was unable to due to many mussel spasm. She was sent back to the Nursing Home with a sling and Hydrocodone prn for pain. For 3 nights she screamed out with pain, which I didn t know until Mom s roommate told me of this. I made some waves, then Mom was placed on IM MS and Geodon IM. Mom still hollered out and also talked out needing help from her brother and sisters. Moms meds have been change about every 3 days. Mom continues to holler out and when she is 1 -1 she is her normal self. Could she had a brain injury? Is she doing this as not to be alone? Or is her dementia changed in to full blown Alzheimer s? It is so hard to see Moms dementia change from a happy go lightly person a slit personality. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 28 Aug 2014
HI
Well come to HCM
I really appreciate your concern for your mother because of the orthopedic injury she must be in pain and this could be severe one as you stated here this is not being rectified, so it is necessary to get ir cure first because her pain are not due to brain injury or anything else, looking to here age she must be given complete nursing care, dementia is nothing to matter here than her orthopedic injury, hope this information helps, take care of her.