Suggest treatment for asthma attack

two years ago, I was intubated due to an asthma attack. About a year ago I began to hear a popping sound coming from my chest after I stretch. Especially after waking in the morning. The popping provides relief. I noticed that this happens after sleeping in a fetal position with my chest sort of caved in. What is going on?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Sep 2014
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thank you for writing in HCM

I thing first you need to confirm the diagnosis of asthma by clinical symptoms.Supportive investigation like spirometry ; serum IgE may be done.Serious Cardiac problem like ischaemic heart disease and heart failure also to be rulled out if clinically suspected after cardiovascular examination.

If history and examination suggest asthma..then you have to start some reliever medicine like levosalbutamol for transient symptomatic relief along with controller medicine like long acting bronchodilator and steroid combination (metered dose inhaler with spacer).

Better to meet with local pulmonologist...for dose and demonstration of technique.

Thank you.