Suggest treatment for aggressive behavior

hii,i am a girl & i need some help for my father.He is the patient.My father was not like this as he is now.He is getting violent.He doesn't listen to anyone.My father has a joint business.He regularly drinks alcohol for an extreme limit.We told him everyday not to drink but this is getting out of control day by day.He is married with my mother for 20 years but after so many years he sometimes beats my mother.I can't see this.I live in hostel .But I always have a fear for my mother.I care for her.We don't know what to do.Sometimes we want to die & sometimes we want to kill my father.But we know that is not a solution.So, the main purpose for this question is who to control my father?Please help..
Asked On : Thu, 18 May 2017
Hi madam,
Welcome to health care magic,
I can certainly understand your concern and worry about your mother's suffering and can definitely say that your father's behavior could be due to alcohol with the help of the details provided by you. I can diagnose it as alcohol induced psychosis ,so that I can suggest that your father has to be treated as soon as possible because already would have been dependent that he might have certain symptoms like he couldn't sleep if you doesn't take alcohol, he would have some tremors ,palpitation, sweating in the absence of the substance so it's better to act immediately. consult your psychiatrist get him detoxified from the substance, if he is suffering from above withdrawal symptoms then his behaviour can be automatically controlled and he can quit alcohol easily.

The detoxification must be started with drugs like chlordiazepoxide and some multivitamin injections like optineuron because as thiamine ie vitamin B1 is deficient in alcohol dependent people due to decreased absorption of food and which may have irreverible adverse effects on the brain.

If he doesn't have any of the above withdrawal symptoms , his behavior can be treated with antipsychotics like Risperidone effectively . Being a psychiatrist, I can assure you that his condition can be definitely cured and his behavior gets improved if you take necessary action soon. So nothing to worry , it would definitely help to improve your family dynamics .hope this information would help you. please post your further questions if any, I will always be available to answer them
Thank you
Psychiatrist Dr. Soujanya's  Response
Hi madam,
Welcome to health care magic,

Thank you