Suggest medication for TB & cough

recently i test for TB my test results are
ascitic fluid for ADA-----40 U/L
IgM ------1.49 S/CO (Positive)
IgG------------286 U/ml (negative)

sir my doubt is i have TB ?

my symptoms are
Cough for a prolonged duration (more than 3 weeks)
Unexplained or unintended weight loss
abdominal pain

Asked On : Fri, 14 Mar 2014
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Jul 2015
thanks for asking your question
i completely understand your question
cough of more than 2 weeks can be tuberculosis ,u have other symptoms like cough , wt loss, fever, decreased appetite also.
ascitis with ada more than 37 is not a very good predictor but yes ada has significance in diagnosis of tb, if more than 37 it is a marker for tuberculosis.
but igm and igg are now banned by world health organisation and gives false interpretations. so dont believe those tests.
you need to consult a pulmonologist who ll do further workup and investigations like pleural fluidd cytology and biochemistry, chest xray with sputum examination for afb are also sensitive and specific for diagnosis of tuberculosis.
ascitic fluid and sputum can be cultured for tuberculsosi are 100 percent specific but takes time.
in my opinion yes your picture seems like disseminated tuberculosis but further workup is needed
consulting a pulmonologost will help you a lot
dont panic
thanks /regards
feel free to ask more questions
may god bless you with good health