Sugar level increased, sleep disorders, depression, degenerative arthritis. On pain medication, metformin. Side effects?

I was on insulin for over 5 years until the end of Jan. I ran out, doctor had no samples. so i didnt take any sugar medicine. my sugar meter apears to run 50 to 60 points low according to my A1c last week. they say my reading was 7.2 and told me to start on glyburid-metformin 1.25-250 mg. i really hate going on the medicine. i have fibromalgia. rls. sleep disorder depression. dengenertive arthuristics and cant spell worth a flip. i even stopped taking pain medicine regular for the arthuristic and fibro. lots of meds are bad. side effects are usally worst than the health issue. we r on a limited bugdet and I no longer am able to hold down a job. doctors say what i should eat. but i cant aford the food. what is daily average on sugar if A1c is 7.2. thank you very much
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013