Sugar level high, feels tired, thirsty, taking medicine for mouth ulcer. Can sugar level be controlled?

Dear Doctor I am aged 54 and have been checking sugar level regularly. Never it crossed 150 mg/dl RBS and FBS 110mg/dl RBS on 28/2/12 was 93. I was feeling tired and thirsty and checked sugar level last week and surprisingly it was above 500mg/dl. I was admitted and now taking medicine. The diabetologist conveyed to me that the sugar level shoot up because of some other medicine I was taking for mouth ulcer is containing steroid and that shooted the sugar level up Whether I am sugar patient now .Can I control it on diet and ding regular exercise My mail ID - YYYY@YYYY Regards Vinod
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012