Sugar level high after angioplasty. Glucobay not controlling. Solution to control sugar levels?

I am diabetic for the last 10 years and under was under good control HBA1C between 7.2 to 7.8. Last few months the fasting sugar ranges from 100 -140 and PP 160-280. I take Obimet 1Gm Sr 1-0-1, after meal,Diamicron 30 MR before Breakfast. 1-0-0. My lipid profile is under good control -below normal levels with ecosprin AV 75. On 19th of Feb.I had an angioplasty and when asked about the the rise in sugar levels I was told that this is bound to happen after the procedure and that if it persists then I need to visit the diabetologist. In between my doctor asked me to take Glycobay 50mg before breakast,which has not impoved the sugar contriol,which I have stopped after three weeks.I am on drugs for the post Angioplasty. I normally have a 50 minute walk every day for the last 15 years but now post the Angioplasty I had stopped walk for a few days and have started walks in gradual steps.Can any one suggest a alternative solution/remedy to control the sugar levels.Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013