Suffers from palpitation, high BP, rapid pulse rate. Possible cause?

Doctor, My son 16 years old, suffers from Palpitation and High BP , he used to complain of palpitation but owing to his age we didnot care but just last week when we consulted doctor his BP was found to be 125/90 and pulse rate was 125 and he face was at one side pulsating like High BP symptoms. doctors advised for CT scan and other Blood Tests. I want to what s the cause for this strange phenomenon in my son as in my family history we never had such a case? He is very cool but gets irritated and gets aggressive if get more irritated, he once had started smoking but he left after we persuaded him. I am worried about such a high BP all time with rapid pulse rate. please advise what is the possible cause?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012