Suffering with sinus, taking homochek, planning to withdraw it after a long term use. Will that cause any problem?

sir want to know for what homochek is given and from last 8 month i am taking homochek dr is telling that we are homochek family it came from were and i want to know that from august up till today i am takeing levipill 500 now i am stoping it is that make any effect to me in august i has a sines in left side of my head but know i am ok not have any problem
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Hi there,

* Firstly, you have not mentioned the reason for which homochek and subsequently, Levipill was advised to you. I therefore advise you to give more details.

* homochek is nothing but a vitamin B called folic acid. No harm in STOPPING it.

* Levipill is usually used in seizure cases. If it was prescribed for sinus problem, I do not have any idea how it works on sinus.

* Do you get frequent attack of common cold with sneezings and nasal flow? If yes, it suggests allergy as the cause of sinus problem. Long term anti-allergic drugs (such as, montelukast) + anti-histaminics (such as, levoceterizine) would keep sinus problem under check.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal