Suffering with sinus issue, prescribed non- penicillin antibiotics, not helped. What should i do?

I have been suffering with a sinus issue for months....it was initially diagnosed as acute sinusitis and I was prescribed the usual non- penicillin antibiotics ...it improved a bit but never went away....I went to see a specialist and he said there was nothing he could do for me based on what he saw in the x-ray s and visual observation...he suggested allergies may be the problem......I blow my nose quite hard out of an age long habit and with the constant sinus issue, I blow my nose quite frequently these days....when I do I get a strong metallic taste in my mouth and often times get very dizzy as well. I am concerned that there may be something else going on but the Dr.s seem to disagree. I am now getting very little sleep which is making it difficult to function during the day.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013