Suffering with lupus, have tiny flecks in urine, have tapered prednisone for its undesired side effects. What could be the cause?

Hi. So im 16 and a female. I have lupus and I m on prednisone (12.5mg) and plaqunil for it but just recently Ive been nauseous. It s to the point where I ve lost fifteen pounds from not being hungry. Also, I m tapering off the prednisone because of its undesired side effects. What the real problem is, is that I just went to the bathroom and noticed tiny black flecks in my urine. I ve seen a nephrologist because there were traces of blood and protein , however he saw nothing wrong. I believe I may be headed into a flare so could the flecks be due to that?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012