Suffering with lethargy, nausea, mood swings after possible kidney failure. Treatment advice?

My father in law was taken to the ER 10 days ago when his PM went off six times one evening. No enzymes were found and it was determined to be a false alarm, however his creatnine level was 3.4 and the ER transferred him inpatient, sighting possible kidney failure. Three days after constant hydration , he was discharged with a level of 3.1. Three days later when visiting his PCP, level was back to 3.4. He has been suffering from lethargy, nausea, generalized low mood/fatigue for a few weeks now. PCP has no advice other than to see a nephrologist , and the first appt available is in 2 weeks. He suffered from numerous strokes which lead to brain bleeds 6 years ago, and has near total left side impairment. He is about 5 10 , weight probably close to 300. Has been on several medication for HBP for about 15-20 years. Also take warfarin . Unfortunately no info on BUN or GFR. I m curious if this warrants attention sooner than 2 weeks from now when a specialist can see him (IE fast tracking through a different ER to see a specialist sooner).
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012