Suffering with infected pilonidal cyst, stringy substance coming out. Taking antibiotic. What can be done?

Hello, I am suffering with an infected pilonidal cyst at the moment on/around the coccyx area, I am wondering; while I have gone to the doctors, he told me it was infected, and it was a cyst. But just recently I had taken a bath last night and it has started now draining, it drains a extreme amount of fluid. And again today I have taken a bath and there was a stringy type substance that came out of the infected area. I m just wondering what could that be, and if the 500mg dosage of antibiotics 1 taken 4 times daily for a week will work? Thank you, kind regards.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013