Suffering with impetigo on eyelid, swollen ear drums, keep recurring. Why ?

hi i a 32 yo female and have been suffering with impetigo on my eyelid since i was about 7 years old on and off. it only affects my eyelids every couple of years it does switch from eye to eye every few years. and if left untreated for a few weeks the side of my eardrum swells, my eyes usually is swollen shut and that side of my face swells. only goes away with antibiotics . But why does it recur every 3-4 years? As i said I first got it at age 7 in Puerto rico.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012