Suffering with high BP, have continuous acute pain on the neck radiating to arm, difficulty in raising the arm. Temporary relief with pain killers?

hi My mum who is 66 years old is suffering from acute pain from her left side of her neck and the pain goes all the way down her arm , she cannot lift her arm because the pain is vey bad, she suffers from hig blood pressure , so I took her to our nearest hospital, where they said that pain killers wil relive her pain and the bloo pressure is not connected with the pain, it has been a week now and the pain is still their, the pain is less with the pain killers but soon as they have worn out the acute pain comes Bck again can you help please
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012