Suffering with heart murmur, had an episode of chunks of blood in cough. Any ideas?

My mom is 50 years old, she has been taking some type of high blood pressure medication and was recently in the ER. She is now coughing up blood and they told her she has a heart murmur . Today she was coughing up chunks of blood. I m very concerned for her the hospital in the town she lives in was rated bottom 3 in some type of hospital rating poll, I m worried she may not receive the proper care she needs. Any ideas as if what could be going on?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013