Suffering with finger pulp infection. Will it be safe to fly at high altitude?

I have been suffering from finger pulp infection for the past 24 hours - I am due to go on an hour long flight tomorrow, however am concerned as my finger is already swollen, sore and hard, will I still be all right to fly at high altitude? The French pharmacist I visited has given me an alcohol based cleaning solution to soak the finger in, and an anti-infection cream, but I have received no other treatment. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Hi and thanks for the question,
I think the flight will really have no impact on your health condition and you can actually fly. If the pain increases so much in intensity, it could be advisable to add an analgesic to your treatment. If pain increases or persists, finger continues increasing in size or you notice some pus, it shall be worth consulting your family physician for appropriate antibiotherapy and other measures if necessary.
You can fly without any fear or worries.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.