Suffering with fibromyalgia, pain in neck, back, shoulders, arms and intermittently in hands, on Hydrocodone. Solution ?

I have been suffering with fibromyalgia for several years (medically diagnosed in 1999), and on some of my worst days I have pain in my neck , back, shoulders, arms and intermittently in my hands. I have been on hydrocodone 7.5/500 for about four years. It does not completely relieve the pain, but usually makes it where I can get above the pain, and as long as I am busy (have my mind busy and focusing on something), I can usually survive each day. I am 65 and continue to work in an office environment, and hope to be able to continue until I am 70 since I am the only means of support. With all of the new regulations that I am beginning to notice in newspaper articles, etc., how difficult will it be for someone with real pain to be prescribed medications . My internist of 15 years, and who is familiar with my health, including the cervical deterioration in my neck (C-3 and C-4) and my lower back L-4 and L-5) has been prescribing my pain medication. Will I need to become a patient at a Pain Clinic? What option do I have? I am very concerned since there are some days where it is all I can do to put on a happy face and make it through the day before I return home and collapse in bed. Thanks for any information you can share.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013