Suffering with epilepsy, have weight gain, advised weaning slowly Valprol and taking Torleva. Will taking both cause side effects?

Hi , I have a question. I am suffering from epilepsy since 2000. I used to take valprol cr 500 mg everyday at night. Now I have been asked to move to Torleva XR 750. I dint consult any doctor in past 4 yrs though.i recently consulted and was advised to change my medicine from valprol to torleva...i am eating both the tablets together .slowly i am supposed to reduce my valprol dose and stop it. So i just wanted to know if eating both tablets together will have some side effect or so as it becomes around 500 mg(valprol) + 750 mg( torleva).Also i have gained lot of weight.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012