Suffering with early stages of Alzeihmers's, diagnosed with Stage 4 linitis plastica. What is the prognosis?

My grandmother is 89 years old, of Chinese descent. She has been relatively healthy for the majority of her life. She is believed to have early stages of Alzheimer s. Doctors have informed my grandfather that my grandmother has Stage IV Linitis Plastica. What is the prognosis? Is there anything that can slow down or, hopefully, stop the spreading of this cancer? Should she be informed of her cancer? (Reason we are considering not telling her is due to her vacillating emotional states. We heard that if she stays happy, as she is now, the cancer would spread slower.) Is surgery still an option? And if it is, is it safe for her to do? Thank you very much! -Isabella
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  38 Awaiting Answer