Suffering with depression, recovers temporarily with medicines. How can this be stopped?

My mother is suffering from depression since last 7 years. We have visited Psychiatrics and also taking medicines but she never completely recovered. Her mood swings have become very often. Sometimes she is extremely happy and the next day she loses her temper. She sees relatives in bad light and speaks negatively about them. What can we do to regain normalcy. Just to elaborate we observed the following behavioural pattern in her: once the treatment starts after few months she feels very normal and happy and becomes over enthusiastic.. This continues for few months and later she becomes overly aggressive and loses temper at the smallest of things and finally after few more months she enters depression phase... This cycle is continuing.. How can it be stopped.. - Milind Bapat
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012