Suffering with cystic fibrosis. Can a mixture of honey, saline water be inhaled into larynx?

7/19/12 Can a mixture of Honey + water or saline be effectively nebulized, and used safely in a patient with cystic fibrosis? Has nebulized honey been inhaled into larynx , without negative side effects? I am a retired physician ( psychiatrist for 50+ years): grand uncle of a 21 year old now Stanford Sophomore, Mallory, who was valedictorian, 1st in her Beverly Hills, h.s. class, with honors (best athlete:swimming; et al) and other prizes, a nice person. (Recently hospitalized 2-3 times in past year). Doubts she ll live long unless she can survive a total lung donor transplant in 1-2 years. I think manuka honey, if it can be delivered into her lung by inhalation , is a long shot. It hasn t been done, as far as I know. WHY NOT!? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012