Suffering with cold and cough, prescribed with Azithromycin, seroflo inhaler. History of pleural sepsis. Suggestion?

Hello Doctor, my son is 3 years old and is suffering from cough and cold from last one month....couple of days abck he had fever as well upto 101F. he has a history of Pleiural sepsis and wasoperated last year in sep 11 as the pus and water had seeped into his lungs and heart. We have been constantly following up with the PGI doctors where he was operated upon from last one month but they are reluctant to give any kind of antibiotics to him now...yesterday we consulted at Chaitanya hospital and they prescribed Azithromycin susp and Seroflo 50 inhaler .. Please suggest
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012