Suffering with blocked ear, fuzzy hearing. What can be done?

I have been suffering with a blocked left ear, I made an appointment to see either my doctor or nurse but have to wait until 22 of this month. I was advised to carry on using eardrops for 3 weeks, which was up until yesterday. 5 days ago I thought it was starting to clear when I blew my nose and my ear popped and cleared slightly. But now if I hold my nose and blow, my ear is screeching and appears to be venting air, almost as if there is no ear pressure. It doesn t hurt when I don t blow but I am still suffering with fuzzy hearing . It is very disconcerting and I still can t advance my appointment to an earlier date and my local MIU wont see me unless i m referred to them after dailling 111, and the 111 service 1. are wondering why i m phoning them (MIU told me to) and 2. Advise me to make an appointment with my GP, ( who won t see me till 22nd). I ve never suffered with my ears/hearing before and it s really worrying me and I feel like i m being sent round in circles by my local Health Authority.....please can you offer me ANY advice.......Many thanks Simon
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013