1. bipolar disorder
tends to be familial, any family history?
2. you haven't mentioned about the cause: was it due to any stress (physical,mental,emotional), altered health habits, any drug/substance abuse
3. However, if none of the cause is identified,then dysfunction of some neuro transmitter (NE,serotonin,dopamine) in brain is considered as the causative factor.
4. as is BIPOLAR disorder, patient will linger from mania to depression
so treatment has to be individualized according to phase initially.
5. Rehabilitation/ Family therapy,group therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy
of patient is an important aspect of treatment.
6. Ayurveda procedures like Shirodhara
,Shirobasti,and yogic Postures like bhujangasan, shavasan,halasan, sarvangasan are beneficial.
7. Avoid hot,spicy and pungent food as they will further aggravate the senses.