Suffering with asthma, minor sinus infection, smoker, have blood in mucus on waking up, bleeding from gums. Reason?

hi doctor i am 30 year old male..i have smoking since my college days..i dont smoke much recently just one cig a day.. i have been seeing some blood in lkast one and half week in my mucus just when i get up and before i brush my is not really bright red but i can see traces of blood in it..i also suffer from asthma and minor sinus infection .. i was throughly checked in my immigration medicals in may and i my xray and everything was gums sometimes also bleed while brushing my teeth. i have consulted my gp and ahe said if it continues to 6 weeks or something then she will do some tests but i am little concerned and thats why i am doing some online research at my end.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013