Suffering with anxiety/depression, struggling to sleep. Prescribed Citalopram. Any side effects ?

Hi there, I m suffering very bad at the moment with anxiety/ depression , I am struggling to sleep as I keep thinking something bad is going to happen, my head feels like a cloud, I feel exhausted and very tearfully. Doctor has prescribed me 10mg of citalopram but I m terrified to take it. I m scared because I feel weird and scared already and I m scared the tablets are going to make me worse. I also have a 7 month old son that I have to look after everyday! I don t know what to do? I really want to get better but I m scared of the tablets but at the same time I hate this feeling!
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012