Suffering with acid reflux, taking omeprazole instead of prescribed prisolec, have chest burn with discomfort. Should I take prisolec?

my husband suffers from acid reflux . he had it once before and got rid of it. he was eating too much in one setting and because of this i think it caused it to come back. he has been to the emergency 3 times now and so he has just started to eat smaller portions and watch what spices and things to eat. he has been doing this for at least a week now. the doctor prescribed to him a generic version of prilosec . but at times it still causes him discomfort and his chest still burns a little. the generic kind of medication is omeprazole which is a generic of the other. so my question is he bought the actual prilosec. should he start taking the prilosec instead of the generic kind cause it seems like the other kind is not really working for him
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  46 Awaiting Answer