Suffering with Wegeners disease. Going to start on Cytoxan and Rituxan. Allergic to Prednisone. Alternative treatment?

I was diagnosed with Wegeners disease 2 weeks ago after being in remission for about 4 months. They just started
me on Cytoxan which I am to start tomorrow, and My doctor
has prescribed intravenous Rituxan to be started next week. I am allergic to prednisone. Is there a different med to take in its place? I read all the side effects for Vatican and Rituxan. Also, what are granulomas?? Should I be having
a second opinion as far as these drugs that have been prescribed. I am 59 years old and the anca is 1_640.

Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013