Suffering with UTI, taking plenty of water, frequency has reduced, have itching at the urethra hole. Cause?

I have a uti , and don t have health insurance so I was trying to cure it on my own by drinking lots of water. The urgency has gotten alot better and I would say its next to completely gone to only very mildly there. However tonight (night 2 since first got the uti) the urethra hole itches. Never had that happen before with a uti so I m wondering if this is normal or should I pay to be seen? Thanks for the help!
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Bubblznfrosting,
Thanks for writing your query.
Drinking lot of water helps in control of UTI. You should continue this practise.
You can take Alkalizing agent, in diluted form, like Disodium Hydrogen Citrate syrup. Dilute 1 tsf in half glass of water and take this tree times a day. Donot take without diluting.
You can take antiallergic like Levocetrizine 5 mg once a day for itching.
If possible get a Urine examination done (Routine/Microscopic and Culture/Senstivity).
I hope this is useful to you.

2 users find this helpful