Suffering with SLE, have severe itching and hives forming into white center with red edges after taking hydroxycloroquine, prednisone. Side effect?

Hi Dr. Grief, My name is Donna Tucker and I was diagnosed with SLE approx 3 years ago. I take 400 mg hydroxycloroquine per day. Recently, I have been having alot of itching and hives . I can send pics of how I look when this happens. I ve done great today, no itching or hives until I took my meds.... hydroxychloroquine 400 mg, prednisone 5 mg, esterace 1mg and pravastatin. Symptoms usually start out like an insect bite, itching, then skin thickening, then spreads, sometimes as large a a grapefruit. It eventually turns white in the middle and red around the edges. Does this sound like a reaction to the hydroxychloroquine? I am planning on making an appointment with my Rheumatologists tomorrow.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012