Suffering with OCD, obsessed with cleanliness, on kottakal treatment. What should be done?

MY HUSBAND IS SUFFERING FROM OCD SINCE 3YRS. MY HUSBANDS CONDITION PRESENTLY: 1: HE IS EVERY TIME WASHING HIS HANDS AND LEGS UP TO KNEE BY DETTOL HANDWASH OR LIQUID. 2: HE IS CLEANING HOUSE MORE TIMES BY DETTOL. 3: HE IS WASHING MOBILE ,ID CARDS RUPEE/NOTES ALSO BY DETTOL. 4: HE IS AFFRAD OF TOUCHING ANYTHING EVEN MONEY,BOOKS,LAPTOP,MOBIL ETC. 5: BEFORE USING LAPTOP ,MOBILE ANYTHING HE IS CLEANING BY DETTOL WET TISSU OR CLOTH. 6: HE IS AFFRADING TO SIT EVEN IN HOUSE. 7: EVEN WE ARE NOT SITTING AT HIS PLACE THEN ALSO BEFORE SITTING HE IS CLEANING BY DETTOL CLOTH/ TISSUE . 8: HE IS CONTINUOUSLY SEEING ANY WASTE LIKE PAPER,PLASTIC TAPE, AND SEARCHING FOR DIRTY THINGS . 9: IF HE HAS PASSED BY ANY INJURED OR ANY PERSON WITH BANDAGES. HE WILL WASH CONTINUOSLY. 10: AFTER COMING BACK TO HOUSE FROM OUTSIDE HE IS WASHING FOOTWARE AND WASHING HANDS LEGS CONTINUOSLY AFTER THAT CLEANING HIS BELONGINGS AND TAKING BATH. 11: HE IS OPENING AND CLOSING CUPBOARD AND DOOR BY USING TISSUE PAPER. 12: HE IS CLEANING CURTAINS AND BEDSHEET ALSO CLEANING BY USING DETTOL CLOTH. 13: WHILE WALKING HE IS VERY CONCIOUS OF DIRTY THING LYING ON ROADS LIKE BANDAGES/MEDICAL WASTE. 14. IF HE COMES BACK TO OUR HOUSE FROM OUTSIDE HE IS MORE INCLINED TOWARDS WASHING AND CLEANING HIMSELF. HE IS NOT WASHING/ CLEANING HIMSELF IF WE GO TO ANYONES HOUSE. Mainly he is afraid of bandages/handyplasts medical wastes lying on road side while walking. also he gets irritated by passing by any persons with cuts bruises etc. HE WAS HAVING ALLOPATHIC MEDICINE FOR ONLY 3 MONTH 2YRS BEFORE THEN STOPPED. HE DISCONTINUED AS HE WAS AFFRAID OF SIDE EFFECTS. AFTER THAT NOW HE IS TAKING KOTTAKKAL TREATMENT SINCE 1YR IN ABUDHABHI. TREATMENT IS LIKE: 1: MORNING AND NIGHT 2TIMES, B4 FOOD N B4 GOING TO BED KALYANAKAM KASHAYAM AND MANASAMITRAVATAKM. 2: 3 TIMES AFTER FOOD ASHWAGANDHARISHTAM+DRAKSHARISHTAM.SOMETIMES HE IS TAKING TWO TIMES BCOZ OF HE IS AT WORK. OFTEN KALYANAKAM KASHAYAM IS NOT AVAILABLE HERE THAT TIME DOCTOR HAS GIVEN OTHER MEDICINE AS NAME KALYANA GRITHAM ,PUNCHAGAVY GRITHAM,TIKTAKAM,MHATIKTAKAM AFTR FOOD 1TIME AT NIGHT. NOW PRESENTLY HE IS CONTINUING THE ABOVE MEDICINE: WE HAVE CONSULTED KOTTAKKAL ARYA VAIDYA SHALA IN KERALA, AND THEY HAVE RECOMMENDED TO COME FOR INPATIENT TREATMENT FOR 25-30 DAYS. Please suggest me do you have any treatment for my condition. Waiting for a positive reply from your side.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012