Hello and thanks for the query
Along with medication and good healthy life style changes are mandatory in treating IBS
. These are
1. Eat fibre-rich foods such as fruits and vegetables like papaya, orange, cabbage, beans, asparagus etc.
2. Chew food properly so that it will be easily digestible.
3. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water regularly.
4. Eat plenty of leafy vegetables and salads.
5. Develop the habit of bowel evacuation early morning every day.
6. Do regular exercise for about 30-45 minutes per day.
7. Avoid smoking
and also avoid drinking strong coffee/tea, fried and spicy food.
8. Since many patients with irritable bowel syndrome
report food intolerances, a food diary may help identify foods that seem to make your symptoms worse.
9. Try to have a tension free and relaxed mind.
Hope this will help you.