Suffering with COPD, emphysema, had an episode of fainting where breathing stopped, normal test results. Cause?

Hello, my mom had some type of episode in which she fainted and stopped breathing . Her PCP has done CT scan with and without contrast, CBC bloodwork, urinalysis & carotoid doppler. All the tests have come back normal. She quite smoking 2yrs ago. She does have COPD , Emphysema and she snores really bad. Can you give me any possibilities of what could have caused her episode? Oh, she is 70 years old.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012