Suffering with CLL, MRI with arthrogram for hamstring avulsion showed inguinal and enlarged periaortic lymph nodes. Is this due to CLL?

I have CLL and on a recent MRI with arthrogram of my right hip due to a hamstring avusion. They found that my bilateral inguinal lymph nodes. external iliac chain lymph nodes and the prominent retroperitoneal periaortic lymph nodes are all enlarged. They suggested further evaluation for lymphoma or metastatic lymphadenopathy be investigated. Could it be just from the CLL?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
welcome to HCM!
Your enlarged lymph nodes can be due to CLL itself,chances of metastatic lymphadenopathy are remote.
As for lymphoma CLL itself is a leukemic stage of small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL), a type of B-cell lymphoma, which presents primarily in the lymph nodes CLL and SLL are considered the same underlying disease.
As it advances, CLL may result in swollen lymph nodes, spleen, and liver, and eventually anemia and infections. Early CLL may not need treatment while late CLL needs to be treated .
hope this will help you!
take care!