Suffering recurring UTI since childbirth, urine culture shows presence of E-coli. Suggestions ?

I have been suffering recurring uti since the birth of my daughter, now almost 2 years ago. I have seen a urologist who performed scope of the bladder and found no abnormalities. I was placed on prophylactic nalidixic acid which I have been taking religiously. 2 days ago I got a really bad infection again despite taking the prophylactic drugs. It was the worst I ve ever had. I literally was passing blood and it felt like I was going to passnmy internal organs. Absolute agony! A culture was sent away and the preliminary results showed puss cells in the region of 5700 and red blood cells in the region of 2700. It also showed the presence of E-coli. I am so desperate for help. Would you suggest I see a second urologist for another opinion, or even my gynaecologist? I am 34 years old, and have two children (aged 5 and 22 months). I delivered both babies vaginally. AAAAA
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013