Suffering on and off chest pains. History of heart disease. What could be the reason?

i have been suffering chest pains on and off when at rest and when active and iam very worried i could also feel a dip in my heart beat ,i have an appointment to see my gp, my father died from heart disease when he was 40 iam now worried that i could be going the same way! iam a 30 year old female! could there be any other reason for these pains ? iam not over weight iam small built i look after myself eat very healthy and i exercise everyday and i dont smoke
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012