Suffering mania bipolar disorder. Taking epilim and risperidone, has numbness. Is it due to medicines?

my husband was diagnosied with mania bipolar disorder on 26/3/2012 and prescribed to take 200mg epilim (3 tablets - twice daily) with risperidone 2mg (2 tablets- twice daily) They said chemical imbalance in his brain. Earlier with the medication, he felt very sleepy and lethargic. But he swims, walks and also exercise. his appetite is good. His memory is good but he feels like a robot - slow moving. His doctor appointment is on 04/6/2012, the doctor was unable to see him after a month - she was away. Since yesterday, he is feeling like sentation feeling around his right side and feels a little numbness and cannot sleep. He also speaks slowly but his vision is clear and speaks clearly. Can you please help. is the medicine doing this to him? Does he need to stop this medication? or does he need lower dosage? This is his first time he has bipolar, before this he was normal/ Is this medication helps him rightly? He is a very strong person physically and mentally. But he is not that now after this medication/ Please help me. I am afraid if the medication is making him worse as the doctor did not see him after 1 month and she did not say anything but the other doctor just advised me to continue giving him the dosage until his doctor sees him on 4/6/12, thank you
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012