Suffering from white tongue. Tested negative for infection. What can I do to get rid of this?

Hi I have been suffering with a white tongue for a couple of years now, And with me getting my tongue pierced soon (2 days) I am desperate to get rid of it. I do brush my tongue every day with a tongue scraper as well. I have heard salt solution with water is very good But I am not sure. I have been to the doctors and she tested me for any infections which came up negative. What can I do to get rid of this fast? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012