Suffering from vitamin D deficiency. Prescribed medicines, advised to stand in the sun early morning. Any other remedy?

Hi Dr Herrick, few months back I found that my Vitamin D level was extremely low ... and now for last few weeks I am feeling pain in my knees whenever I keep my first foot in the morning and when I stand up from the squat position. When I consulted a doctor, he suggested me to face sun early in the morning and gave me Calcirol granules 1 sachet per day which I am taking continually. Please let me know if I need to do something more. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012