Suffering from varicose veins, flat feet, swelling in legs. History of sprained ankle, calf pain. Is varicose veins a genetic condition?

hi, i am a 32 year old male with flat feet i do wear orthotics . when i was in my teens i started getting this aching pain down the lower half of my legs, that went on for a while and then it just stopped but after that discolouration set in around the same area, i might have been about 13 or 14 at the time. i still have the discolouration and them areas also feel a little tender to touch. example i have 1 spot that looks like a brooze it never went away, i also noticed lately my legs tend to swell a bit around them areas during the day. in the past i sprained my ankle went to see a foot doctor, he pointed out the discolouration is varicose veins , my mother also has varicose veins and my sister had hers stripped removed years ago. can they run in families and is weight a contributing factor?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012