Suffering from varicose vein and varicose ulcer. Does the varicose ulcer spread? Any treatment which is not very expensive?

Hi Doctor, My husband is suffering from varicose veins and varicose ulcer . We went to see a specialist before this. He had to change the 4-layer of bandage every week. And we stop after going to the specialist after the ulcer heal. (due to financial). Since then i help him to change the bandage myself. Thinking that everything is ok, we stop using the bandage. But lately, the ulcer strike again. This time is swells watery (plain & thick) discharge . It was not this watery when he had a varicose ulcer previously. So can i know if then varicose has spread? For your info, we had previously get the scan done for both leg. The right leg blackening. He is overweight . Can i know if there s any treatment that doesn t cost expensive.? Can i just self treated him, doing the 4-layer compression bandage on him? I wish i can post you the picture. To which email shall i sent it to, so that you can see the leg/varicose ulcer to get a better view? I need help ASAP...because my husband has been complaining of pain. :( Regards, Sasha Lee
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012