Suffering from varicose vein. Hard round nodules on the vein. Severe pain. Need to go to emergency?

I have vericose veins on my left leg. They are on the posterior side of my leg. My doctor has seen them and for the most pats there aren t issues. However, within the last few months I get hard round nodules in what appears to be the vein. This too my doctor said was not an issue. She said they are not like DVT blood clots. So I was ok with that. But for the last three days the nodules have gotten increasingly more painful and today I ve area is painful even when walking. It is hotter than usual to the touch and is the area by my vericose veins is turning red. Just wondering if this is normal with vericose veins or should I be driving to the ER? Thank you for your answer.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013