Suffering from urinary infection. Have diabetes. High sugar levels despite being on insulin. What can be done?

My husband is a diabetic for more than 10 yrs,.He is 77 yrs old. At present he is suffering from an urine infection. The puss cells are between 35-40. But Culture test reveals there is no growth. He never had very high glocose levels before, but since of late his sugar level is extremely high. He is on inslulin but the levels are not coming down to normal. Is it due to the infection or what. I am very worried about his sugar level. I am humbly requesting you to advise me. Thank you. Gnana from Sri Lanka
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013