Suffering from type 2 diabetes. On Gemer fort medication, redness, irritation in eyes. Precautions?

I am 55 year old having type 2 diabetes my doctor prescribed Gemer Fort I and this medicine I am taking regularly from 6 years. Usually my sugar level is recorded under control but some time it is recorded at 180-185. From last one year I am feeling irritation in my eyes and after irritation it become red with white thick fluid and I could not tolerate constant irritation which compel me to stop seeing with my eye. Kindly suggest me either I have to change the medicine or what type of precautions I have to take in keeping my safe eyes. Right now I am on specks and my number is minus five.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012